Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas and all that!

RAWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! 


Now that I've got your attention, how was your Christmas?!?  Mine was better than expected.  I usually have a series of mishaps that occur RIGHT before Christmas, and this year was no different.  We broke both axles on our car.  Yes, BOTH.  At the same time.  I have no idea how.  We're just driving along, and all of a sudden, we hear this clanking noise, and we're like "UH-OH, THAT'S BAD!"  So we pull over and look under the car, thinking something might be falling off of it (highly likely) but we don't see anything, so we go home.  The next day Husband takes the car to the repair shop, and the guy is like "U BROKED BOTH AXLEZ.  U IZ DUM."  Or something.  I wasn't there to hear what he actually said.  So yeah.  Yaaaaay Christmas!

We went to Husband's parents' house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and the day after Christmas as well (they just live about 20 minutes away).  His sister, her husband, and their son were in town, which was nice since we don't usually get to see them.  Their son (Aven) is 5 years old.  Remember that.

So on Christmas morning, we're all gathered in the family room, ready to open presents.  It was decided that Aven should be the one to hand out everyone's presents, and he was more than willing to do so.  Everything went more or less fine, until about halfway through, Aven came across a present for Husband's grandmother, who is severely disabled.  He tried to hand it to her, but she couldn't take it from him, so someone said "Help her unwrap it."  Remember what I said in the last paragraph?

So, Aven, being the awesome little 5-year-old that he is, unwraps the present for her, and it's a box.  He flips it over, looking for a way to open the box, and the next thing you know.........

Broken glass all over the floor.  Poor Aven was traumatized.  The box had some kind of glass ornament in it, and when he flipped it over, it opened and the ornament shattered all over the floor.

So yeah, he cried for like 10 minutes, and refused to wear the Santa hat he had been wearing all morning.  I feel sorry for my sister-in-law, who probably spent a lot of money on what must have been a really nice ornament (it had a certificate of authenticity and everything), and I feel sorry for Aven, who will probably never be able to open another Christmas present again (I'm kidding, he's fine really), but man... I have to admit, it was funny.  XD  Maybe I'm demented, but I caught the whole thing on video, and I went back and watched that part again, and it was just so funny, the CRASH of glass on tile, then Aven's face of "OMFG WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?!"  Lol I'm laughing just thinking about it.  I'm so screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment